Sunday, January 9, 2011

How Long For Fish Oil To Work

"Mended" and "Paloma the pigeon "Song

Last time: I just learned of the death yesterday (1/10/1911) in Buenos Aires Maria Elena Walsh who with fellow Leda Valladares formed in the mid-50's duet "Leda and Mary", discussed in this post. Thanks for so many songs, so many books and, especially, for "El Brujo's Gulubú ."
... up the mountain, air-air

was at a party of Carballeda , probably mid 90's. I was visiting the different positions of the fair: animals, products of the region ... And suddenly sounded a bagpipe. That simple melody, but so evocative, had the power to awaken the child in me still carrying. With misty eyes I was humming to myself the letter that as a kid I learned:

" I have three kid, re patched row
I have three little goats, remittances re patched,
up the mountain, re mended remedy,
up the mountain, air-air "

was the bagpipe You Francisco , Val de Santa María.

It is said online is the full letter:

Mended (Dove or pigeon)

Pigeon loft that love you will find.

I have three little goats, remittances re patched,
I have three little goats, remittances re patched,
up the mountain, paddle re
patched up the mountain, air-air .

One gives me milk, re patched row,
one gives me milk, re patched row,
other gives me the wool, re patched row,
other gives me wool , air-air.

Another gives me butter, paddle re patched,
other gives me butter, paddle re patched,
p'a all week, re patched row,
p'a all week, air and air.

Pigeon loft that love you will find.

I have to say that in my memory at least, does not fit this "Pigeon loft that you will find love."
Asturias, a beautiful land and brave

Where did this song come out? Seems to be very old. I read somewhere that it might be of medieval origin. Of course, anonymous. Most agree that his crib is Asturias.
But there is the curious case that jumping El Charco, has taken root so well in those countries that some consider popular song Chilean or Argentine folklore ...

What does the National Library? Not boring I will mention only the oldest record:
The first review is 1930 and who produces the sound recording is Eduardo Martínez Torner , musicologist and composer, in Asturias. His most famous work, the Cancionero Musical Popular Lyric Asturiana, published in 1920 a total of five hundred tunes. Five years later announced the release of the second part, with a thousand topics that you never see the light and that his biographers considered lost. In this review appears and the title of "Pigeon loft" and is listed as "Asturian song." Menendez is interpreted by Faustina, daughter of Asturias tune interpreter also José Menéndez Carreño (Cuchichi) .
The second is from 1939 and is published in Mexico. This is a "English Cancionero popular musical. Printed Text: love songs, bucolic, round, pastoral, children, humorous, sailors, threshing, dancing, mountain, christmas, swing, hay, nursery and religious ". And Asturias include these: "You come to me," If the snow slide, " pigeon loft "and" This street is a garden. "
The third reference is from 1942: a score of Rafael Benedito where is again listed as Asturian song. (Score that you attached to the plugged in case anyone is encouraged to sing in four parts)

Basten, then, these three exhibitions to remove any doubt about the origin of the song astur us.

Victor Jara and "Quilapayún"
However, in years 75 and 79, none other than the Chilean group Quilapayún made two recordings of "Pigeon loft" in which, while claiming that it is "the anonymous English XIV" (again says the XVI), is part of an album titled "Song of Andean peoples." Hence, for the misunderstanding.

Argentine duo also " Leda and Maria " popularized "Mended" for those lands in a disk of 1958.

In this video we hear "Mended" performed by Quilapayún and Victor Jara in a recording of 1967. Next is Argentina's version of "Leda and Mary."

I have not got the Asturian version (I expect to soon), but the accompanying video images, imbued with the vibrant "Asturianía" beating hard on them, they want to fill the gap and also serve as a tribute to ; the land, beautiful and brave, he sang for the first time "Mended" or "pigeon Dove"

0 comments:

Post a Comment