Saturday, January 1, 2011

Spot The Hazards In The Kitchen Worksheets

Dicenta (son): Along the way Val

Cross ominous bird ... Let me get in the car, road ...!
Background
I knew Francisco de Val admired the Argentine trio composed Irusta , Fugazot and Demare. And such was his admiration that, during the European tour of the Trio, in 1928 gave them a paso doble long title: "The Return of the Argentine Trio Irusta, Fugazot and Demare.
also know that this and other Argentine trio were the model that were forged, especially in Spain, many trios, for example, "Trio Los Gaditanos ." First surprise

The first was a double and gave me Marieli Lasagabaster when, a few weeks ago, I sent some documents on the relationship between F. Trio Val and Argentina. Including the magazine "Tango Fashion", which, on the image of the trio, along with "Kiss me on the mouth," the song appears they had composed the Aragonese and the dedication and signature of each member .

click to see more

says: "Barcelona 09/31/1928. To our great fan of Val's friend with Garcia affection "and the signatures of Demare, Fugazot and Irusta. This gives me confidence that the trio, no only played (something well known) "Kiss my mouth," but the paso doble F. Val.
But as I said, this 1st surprise was twofold. I already have (thanks to Javier Barreiro ) the score for "The Return of the Trio ...", but did not know what it sounded like that song. And by golly, I could hear Marieli the portal she masterfully played by the accordion. (IBIT goes for you!). Second surprise

The second gave me the "Voices swinging " of JL Rubio, as you know, issued on Sunday at 5 am! In this program just jump in the air recorded over 50 years.
However, an anonymous listener requested a song called "Along the way," which, he believed, was recorded by the Argentine Trio. And José Luis Rubio ratified it: the recorded in 1928 in Spain. And, as if by magic, we could hear this recording makes 82 (eighty two) years.
I was impressed by the "truth" of the intervention of the listener. He saw from afar that song, which conveys an infinite sadness beyond liking, had seized him. One man sang with such feeling ..! And I liked the elegance of Mr. Rubio to respond.

click to see more
As always I bring in my blog Mr. Rubio, today I am forced to make a couple of corrections:
  • The first mistake "Along the way" with "By the way." While both are musicians and performed by Trio Argentina, the second is subtitled "The herdsman" and this is another song.
  • The second: to forget the author of the poem, a English (as we shall see) that the text makes the song is "less Argentina" than many people realize.
I present, then, this video attempts to capture what happens to those magical hours in the morning of Sunday


no two without three
But there was something in the poem that I tallied: the attitude of the girl.
not jibe me anything (and I still can not square) of the road (now would be denounced by denial of assistance).
But the girl ... Where next? Whither? What do you want? Why in this situation so desperate? Does not make sense.
click and look at me
Moreover, listening over and over this sad song, had concluded that it was Argentina made a song by the Trio. The language itself seemed to me also "very Argentine."
page
Somewhere I read that the lyrics of this milonga is Fugazot and Irusta, and music and Dicenta Demare. Also, in many other pages I've read that the author of the letter is Joaquin Dicenta Benedict (1862-1917). The National Library also herself as bundles, though he speaks of "J. Dicenta, son," then placed his father's dates.
And now comes the 3 rd of the surprises:
The author of the poem (if not lies, "black and white", the magazine ABC, 29.03.1914 , on page 20) "By the way forward" is, as the attentive reader may have guessed, the son of Joachim and called Benedict Dicenta Joaquin Alonso Dicenta (1893-1967). He is the author of "Nobility baturra ."
This is part 2 of the oldest document (Madrid, 03/29/1914) I've found:

Click on the image to read comfortably

SGAE itself confirms this:
Click and read in fear
For if there is any doubt, the words of Demare :
"My themes always composed only. I remember one night in 1931, we three (Roberto Fugazot and Augustine Irusta). I got up, because I could sleep, and went to the music room. I started Burguete between the books and found "Along the way," Joaquin Dicenta, son. And musicalicé at three in the morning. In Spain was a notable success. They knew the lines of Dicenta, said they were English verse with the music of the pampas. I liked writing on texts already made, had the facility. "

When we read the poem by Joaquin Dicenta (son), we understand, now, the attitude of the girl and we can answer the questions we asked ourselves before.
And you have to watch what you put it under a gloss: "Copla popular mountain" is, of Cantabria, Santander. Although we could extend it to Leon and Asturias "Carter Avilés," says one of the verses.
I imagine that the veiteañero Joaquin Dicenta (son) would have been inspired, as he says in a story, legend or poem popular mountain prior to yours. Following 1914, the poem travels to South America and is popular in Chile and Argentina Alejandro Flores Pinaud (Chile, 1896-1062).
Then, in 1928 it was recorded by the Trio Irusta, Fugazot and Demare and, later, Magdalena Nile del Rio ( Imperio Argentina ) And Nat King Cole . You Tube we can find sung by Julio Sosa .

This entry is dedicated to the anonymous listener of the "Voices to swing", who with their culture, feeling and truth has got excited at that magic hour of dawn on Sunday. Thanks, buddy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment